2018 event details and general information
Location: Main Street, Mornington Victoria 3931
Date: Sunday 21st October 2018
Time: 11am to 5pm
The Main Street Mornington Festival is a family friendly event with FREE entry
Main Street Mornington will be closed for this event between Barkly Street and The Esplanade. People parking in this area of Main Street are advised to have their vehicle removed by midnight the night before the Festival. Extensive parking on the day is available at the rear of Main Street and Mornington Central areas.
Things to do
The Mornington Peninsula is an exciting place to visit, with many fun things to do for all ages. Visit the Mornington Courthouse Visitor Centre on the corner of Main Street and The Esplanade in Mornington for brochures and friendly advice and directions.
- Water – A South East Water hydration station will be available on the day
- Toilets – Available at the following locations – Ross Street (portables), Mornington Central, Safeway building, Mornington Park, rear Empire Mall car park & rear First Choice Coles Liquor car park
- Environment – The event promotes recycling, keep an eye out for the bins located throughout the Festival
- Public Transport – for help planning your trip, visit Public Transport Victoria’s website HERE
- Bus – The only local bus service affected by the Festival is 781 which will turn from the Esplanade directly onto Barkly Street, instead of turning up Main Street, between 6am and 7pm (bus stops not serviced during this time are Esplanade/Townsend Lane, Esplanade/Mornington Park, Main Street/Ross Street)
- Road closure – The Main Street in Mornington will be temporarily closed from Barkly Street to The Esplanade between 6am and 7pm
- Dogs – As it is an open public event, free for everyone to enter, however we have had several incidents with dogs over the years and we ask that dogs be left at home. It is also uncomfortable for animals, as the streets are extremely crowded
- Weather – Most of the event is set out doors, but there are plenty on venues in the main street to take shelter if the weather is not kind. The event will go ahead rain hail or shine, unless it is considered dangerous.- check out the Bureau of Meteorology site www.bom.gov.au